- Veraflox® is a novel synthetic antimicrobial of the fluoroquinolone class and the 1st third-generation agent developed exclusively for veterinary medicine
- Veraflox® was specifically designed to optimise overall antibacterial efficacy, i.e. Gram-negative activity, Gram-positive and anaerobic activity.
- In contrast to other veterinary fluoroquinolones, Veraflox® has demonstrated an almost equivalent inhibitory potency for both DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV.
- Veraflox® has been found to be highly active even in the absence of protein synthesis and cell growth.
- Veraflox® has been shown to have a favourable distribution in the skin and gingival tissue and is found in high concentrations in all body fluids up to 10 hours post-administration, and up to 24 hours post-administration in saliva.